Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Welcome to LNU’s publishing guide
Here you'll find tips and tools you can use when you want to publish and disseminate your research. Use the tabs above to navigate around the guide. The guide is also available in Swedish.
If you have any questions or require further assistance, please contact us. You will find our contact details in the column to the right.
Some tips to enhance your publishing strategy
- Publish in English in international journals to reach out to the entire scientific community and maximize your visibility.
- Check the journal's prestige (impact factor, Norwegian model etc.). Publishing in a journal of high prestige increases your standing and reputation
- Check if the journal is listed in Web of Science so that it is counted in the Swedish governmental funding model.
- Use Open Access publishing to reach out to the widest possible audience, both within and outside academia.
- Check the journal's visibility in the major databases for your topic.
- Enter your own name in a unique and consistent way and obtain a unique researcher ID through ORCID to ensure that all your publications are credited to you.
- Enter your institution's name correctly.
- Register your publication in DiVA for increased visibility. Google, Google Scholar, SwePub and Lnu’s profile pages all retrieve information from DiVA.
- Be active in social research forums such as Research Gate and Mendeley. Use blogs, Facebook, Twitter etc. to present yourself and your research to a wider audience.
Linnaeus University Press has compiled important information for you to keep in mind throughout your dissertation work.